If you follow Nadine Lustre on Instagram, you would know that the girl has an impeccable sense of style. No wonder she has over 4 million followers who are eager to see where she will go or what she’ll wear next. When it comes to her fashion choices, Nadine isn’t in it alone. Her stylist, 26-year-old Joanna Garcia (@joannagee), makes it a point that Naddie’s outfits are on-point no matter the occasion.
Want to cop Nadine’s cool girl style but not sure how? We gotchu, fam. We challenged Joanna to recreate some of Nadine’s edgy OOTDs using only items from ZALORA. Know the tricks behind these looks and where you can shop for similar items, for less, in Joanna’s blog takeover below:
Caoros White Tee (P599), Something Borrowed Ripped Boyfriend Jeans (P1,299)
These normcore pieces can be put together into a stylish get-up that can work any day. The easiest way to inject a little cool factor to the classic white tee is to pair it with distressed jeans. It lends an edgy effect to any outfit, making you look effortlessly chic.
Dresses with details like this look great for a date night. I completed Nadine’s look with understated jewelry and heels to communicate simple and classy, but still sexy.
A black jumpsuit is like the little black dress with a twist. You can easily look sleek and elegant by adding statement accessories and a light-colored pair of heels to add contrast. This look is perfect for a formal evening affair.
KLEEaisons Ruched Off Shoulder Top (P1,539), Mango Frontcut Straight Jeans (P1,995)
Here’s a boho chic way to wear jeans! Pairing romantic tops with denim balances its feminine vibe, making Nadine’s outfit a combination of casual and sophisticated.
This look is perfect for summer or during the daytime. White jeans paired with washed denim or chambray tops look crisp and pulled together yet casual at the same time.
Mango Embroidered Denim Jacket (P2,495), Fly Art x Thread 365 Women’s Muscle Tee All Day (P895), Factorie Sporty Trackies (P539)
Denim jackets give off a tough girl vibe, more so if it’s paired with a graphic tee. I completed the look with heels to reveal a tinge of softness, true to Nadine’s gritty but stylish image.
Gyle Bomber Jacket (P1,699), Something Borrowed Cuffed Skinny Jeans (P1,299)
Bomber jackets make the best addition to your athleisure wardrobe. The cuffed jeans show off the shoes which is a statement piece for this outfit.
Apartment 8 Daisy Silk Satin Dress (P3,580)
This is the ultimate romantic look. Satin dresses in blushes or nudes scream dainty yet still sultry. This chic cut blends perfectly well in a friend’s wedding or formal gatherings.
Something Borrowed Soft Raglan Bomber Jacket (P1,049), Dr Martens Women’s 1460 8 Eye Boots (P7,990)
Army jackets look good on just about anything! Black boots are the perfect cherry on top for this rocker chick ensemble.
Rocket x Lunch Tee (P1,029), ZALORA Denim Shorts With Embroidery (P649)
The edginess of this outfit captures Nadine’s personality. If you want to keep things relaxed and nonchalantly cool, you can’t go wrong with a graphic t-shirt and high waisted denim shorts.
More Style Tips from Joanna Garcia:
1. Start with an article of clothing that you want to build into an outfit and find things to mix and match with the main piece. This can be the foundation of your outfit, to which you add other pieces to depending on the occasion. My go-to base is usually a dress or a pair of jeans, then I build it from there.
2. Add an unexpected twist on classics. Add something unexpected on that little black dress, a perfectly fitting white shirt, or your favorite pair of jeans to give it a modern flair. Statement jewelry and shoes can be the perfect embellishment to upgrade a plain outfit.
3. Heels make a big difference and can make you look automatically sexy. It makes legs look elongated. Jeans and heels are a perfect combination to evoke style and sophistication.
4. Pick your best feature and work with it. Know which asset you want to emphasize. If you have nice shoulders, wear an off-shoulder top. If you want to emphasize your bum and legs, wear form-fitting jeans. However, make it a point to highlight just one asset at a time.
5. Find pieces that fit you well, in colors that flatter you. But when in doubt, stick to neutrals or black and white. You can never go wrong with matching saturated colors with neutrals.
6. Pair ‘loose’ with ‘tight’. Not everyone can pull off the head-to-toe baggy look. Choose pieces that hug your curves and balance it with other ‘lengths’ and ‘fits’ to strike a balance.
7. Comfort is still key. Pick outfits that are easy for you to move in because it will show if you’re comfortable and confident in what you’re wearing!
Get 20% OFF at ZALORA with PayMaya until July 31
We’re making a final call to get 20% off at ZALORA with PayMaya! Simply pay using PayMaya at checkout and use the promo code: PAYMAYAFF. The promo is valid for a minimum purchase of P1,500 until July 31, 2017. For complete promo mechanics, click here.
No PayMaya yet? Download the free app here:
No PayMaya yet? Download it below for free!
or visit www.paymaya.com!