PayMaya QR 101 for Titos and Titas
11/30/18 9:00 AM
When you go to department stores, restaurants, and other establishments around the city, you are sure to find these weird-looking icons displayed at the cashier area—white squares filled with black squiggles that might look alien to you.
You might ignore these, thinking that they’re just a millennial thing. But titos and titas, what you do not know is that these cute little icons will help you in the long run.
They are called QR codes.
What is a QR code and how does it work?
QR, or Quick Response codes, were first created by Denso Wave in Japan in 1994. They’re like bar codes but are super high tech in terms of the amount of information they can hold.
These unique 2D patterns are scanned using mobile phone cameras through a QR scanner app. When the device recognizes the code, it lets you access websites, download files and videos, view other digital content, and even process mobile payment just by using your smartphone.
Imagine the possibilities of experiencing modern technology in your hands! You might get addicted to scanning every QR code you see!
How To #ScanToPay with PayMaya QR
Companies and retailers are on the move towards digital transformation, including changing the way people pay. Since almost everyone has a mobile phone, it’s a great idea to introduce mobile payments.
For titos and titas, understanding how to use QR codes can be a bit daunting. Good thing PayMaya is here to make our lives easier!
Get a 20% cashback when you #ScanToPay until November 30, 2018!
Did you know that you can get a 20% cashback of up to P100 when you #ScanToPay with PayMaya QR for the first time from November 16 to 30, 2018?
We’re even taking the stakes a notch higher with a chance to win P10,000 daily or P10 Million in the grand draw of the #PayMayaPaMore raffle promo!
Earn raffle entries by doing any of the following:
* Upgrading your account – 10 raffle entries
* Sending Money – 1 raffle entry per day
* Shopping Online with your PayMaya physical or virtual card – 1 raffle entry per purchase of P250 and up
* Shopping In-Store with PayMaya physical card – 1 raffle entry per purchase of P250 and up
* Paying a bill with PayMaya – 5 raffle entries per unique biller
* #ScanToPay with PayMaya QR – 1 raffle entry per payment of P100 and up
* Buying prepaid load from the PayMaya in-app Shop or PayMaya in Messenger – 1 raffle entry per purchase of any amount
Promo runs until December 31, 2018 only. For more details, go to pymy.co/10m.